AURA has been committed to implementation of a quality policy since 2001.
The quality department, in direct association with the management, is composed of a quality supervisor and an assistant who coordinates actions to improve practices within the association.
AURA was granted certification in 2007. The French National Authority for Health (La Haute Autorité de Santé - HAS) highlighted 8 strong points in its report.
Eight strong points :
- patient information and education at the start of treatment
- initial assessment of patient needs for appropriate and personalized care management
- identification of specific needs of patients for appropriate and personalized care management
- presence of an accredited training center for hemodialysis nurses
- organization and safety of working conditions
- presence of a long-term program for the renovation of self-care dialysis units
- coordinated policy for controlling and preventing risks of infection
- prevention of accidental exposure to blood
To read the HAS report (Information in French) >>
AURA is currently preparing for the 2nd HAS certification visit scheduled in September 2009.
Multidisciplinary working groups, which include representatives of dialysis users, work to improve the quality of clinical, administrative and logistic processes.
Quality department supervisor : Zied GUERFALI